Wednesday, October 19, 2011

13 Things About Me

So everybody has been doing this in 13 things about me thing, in preparation for The Blathering. I've told you all along that I don't have a blog, and I guess I lied...I have this one, but it's never been used. But now seemed like a good a time as any to use it!!

1. I don't look my age. No, seriously. I get told I look like I'm a teenager, anything from 12 up. I don't think I look quite that young, but I know I don't look close to 30. Most of the time I'm okay with this. Then I got braces...and I look even younger, I think.

2. I moved to California in 2007. Before that, I had never lived outside of a 10 mile radius of my home in West Virginia. I went to college and even lived in the dorms...10 miles away. All of my mom's family lives in that area...my dad's family is spread out over the East coast. Nobody lives on the West Coast. Oh, did I mention I'm an only child and I moved 2300 miles away from my parents? Yeah.

3. You know that movie that came out last year, that everybody saw? Yeah, not me. What about that classic movie from the 80's? Yeah, not that one either. I have no objection to movies, but there are a TON I haven't seen.

4. I read, a lot. But I think most of the people who hear me say that, think I have more refined tastes than I do. I read a lot of romance, mysteries, and fantasy/sci-fi. I also re-read, a lot. Like, if you see me with a book this weekend, there's a good chance I've read it before. I also like to talk about books. When I was "graduating" sixth grade, everyone got an award. Mine was titled "Have you read the book about...?"

5. I don't eat cheese. Nope, not even on pizza. When I was little, I was lactose intolerant. I got used to going without, and it just kinda stuck. Now, I don't even like the taste of most dairy at all.

6. When I was a teenager, I used to spend every Saturday night playing Canasta and other card games with my family. I quit for a few years, and then went back when I was in my 20s. When I say my family, I mean my elders...my great-grandmother, my grandmother, my great aunt, their cousin, his wife. It was great, and I miss it every time I remember.

7. I worked for retail for years...started my senior year of high school, and kept up until I moved to California, so 7 years. Name a job in my store, and I did it, or was trained on it. I was a low-level supervisor for a few years, then I graduated college and got a job at a bank. I would still be working retail if it weren't for never having a set schedule.

8. I use the word or phrase "Seriously" way too much. I blame Greys Anatomy.

9. I have a thing for craft supplies. Even if I have tons, I always want to buy more. I love browsing the craft store, as evidenced by the boxes of supplies in my closet.

10. I don't have any kids, but my boyfriend has two that live with us part time, and I have a cousin that I was super close with until I moved away from home. My boyfriends kids are an 11 year old girl and a 13 year old boy. My cousin is a 6 year old girl.

11. I met my boyfriend because of a online text-based role-playing game. We were both in St Louis at a convention for the company that owns the games, and a mutual friend introduced us.

12. I've seen the band Matchbox Twenty in concert twice since I moved to California, and will probably see them again every time they come out here. This is one of the few concert experiences I've had as an adult, so forgive me if I seem obsessive -- I'm really not, I just like them.

13. My cat is my baby. I talk baby talk to her, and personify her. She's not overly affectionate, but she's definitely my cat, though she's okay with my boyfriend too. If you have animals, I'd love to see pictures. I mean, yeah, sure, show me pictures of your kids...but animals, definitely.

4 comments:

  1. I will totally eat all your cheese, to spare you from the suffering.

    Also, my family (grandparents, aunts, etc.) are all card-players too. I just learned Canasta, only I didn't know it. They called it Hand & Foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started a blog!! Yea!!

    I met my husband online, too. And I say "totally" entirely too much. Seriously.

    I can't wait to FINALLY meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use seriously too much too! Yes, I blame Grey's for that one. And yay for dusting off the old blog just for the Blathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also met my husband online (the interwebs has the BEST stuff) and I also really love scifi and fantasy. Good reads. See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete